Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Coolest Chair Ever.

The other day I was very bored and as usual when I am bored I wandered to my computer and clicked on the little stumble button which always brings me some interesting things and ideas. By the way if you don't have stumble I seriously suggest that you get it. You just put in some of your interests and it will bring up related pages. Anyways I happened to "stumble" on a youtube page of a chair which In my humble opinion is the coolest chair ever. It is called 'FlexibleLove.' FlexibleLove experimental furniture incorporates an `accordian-like, honeycomb' structure to create durable furniture pieces produced from widely-available, low-cost recycled materials. FlexibleLove furniture pieces, such as FlexibleLove 16, are made wholly from recycled paper and wood products, and are produced using pre-existing manufacturing processes in order to reduce their overall impact on the environment. The name "FlexibleLove" was derived from the concept of a `flexible love-seat' - seating that could hold from one to as many as sixteen individuals; changing length and shape with a simple pull at each end. A honeycomb structure, used throughtout the entire FlexibleLove line, produces an accordian-like result that allows each piece to be collapsed and extended with ease. If you want to you can go to the site at http://www.flexiblelove.com/ for any that want one (like me) I emailed the company and they said they're only made in Taiwan at the moment but they will ship directly to any interested ones. The FlexibleLove 16 costs $540 USD to the FlexibleLove 8 which costs $360 USD. They also charge a flat fee of $150 USD to ship them. I have the ordering information if anyone is interested, just let me know.

No comments: